Why we collect information about you?
County Medics Ltd aims to provide you with the highest quality of care. To do this we must keep records about you, your health and the care we have provided or plan to provide to you.
These records may include:
- Basic details about you, such as address, date of birth, next of kin
- Contact we have had with you such as previous times you have been transported by us
- Details and records about your treatment and care
- The outcome of your treatment and feedback from you if given to improve our services
- Relevant information from people who care for you and know you well, such as health professionals and relatives
It is good practice for people in County Medics Ltd who provide care to:
- discuss and agree with you what they are going to record about you
- give you a copy of letters they are writing about you; and
- show you what they have recorded about you, if you ask.
How your records are used
Our staff will use your records to:
- Provide a good basis for all health decisions made by you and care professionals
- Allow you to work with those providing care
- Make sure your care is safe and effective, and
- Work effectively with others providing you with care
Others may also need to use records about you to:
- check the quality of care (such as clinical audit/CQC inspections)
- protect the health of the general public
- help investigate any concerns or complaints you or your family have about your care
- teach health workers and
- help with research
Some information will be held centrally to be used for statistical purposes. In these instances, we take strict measures to ensure that individual patients cannot be identified and refer to the records by their unique patient report form number only.
We use anonymous information, wherever possible, but on occasions we may use personally confidential information for essential purposes such as research and auditing. However, this information will only be used with your consent, unless the law requires us to pass on the information.
The Legal Part
You have a right to privacy under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act. County Medics needs to know your personal, sensitive and confidential data in order perform our statutory duties, in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, in compliance with Article 6 (e) of the GDPR. Additionally, information is used for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services on the in compliance with Article 9, (h) of the GDPR.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of all records about you.
- Your request must be made in writing to the organisation holding your information
- We are required to respond to you within one month
- You will need to give adequate information (for example full name, address, date of birth, any dates you used County Medics Services) and produce valid ID documentation.
To Access your record contact The Data Controller (Mr Nicholas Tuckwell) on 0330 133 0037 or email email@example.com.
If you think anything is inaccurate or incorrect, please inform us as soon as possible.
Thank you to your staff he treated me at the Upton Blues Festival, your staff are so friendly and treated my cut leg quickly and professionally. I hope to see you next year (not as a patient though!).
We have used County Medics for over two years now, they regularly supply us with Medical support. They have never let us down and always put the patient first. Thanks.
Thank you for the excellent job today. Everyone is most appreciative of your friendly and efficient service. Ian
County Medics Provided Medical Cover for a large Festival and we were extremely happy with their services. We found them to be reliable and thoughtful
Please pass my thanks on to your team who did a wonderful job at our event. We find you so reliable and so easy to deal with when making our bookings. Look forward to using your services in 2017
We publish the most important information about our Ambulance services, special offers and articles on various topics. Subscribe today to receive our exclusive offers and other premium content.