Please keep an eye on this page to see our latest vacancies.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details,
address and qualifications and one of our team will reply to you as soon
as they can.
County Medics Ltd are looking to recruit Bank (zero hour contract) Ambulance Care Assistant(s) and Event Staff. (Full training will be given)
The successful applicant will be responsible for the care and safe conveyance of non-emergency patients to and from hospital or treatment centres, ensuring that they are supported and cared for appropriately during their journey.
Drive vehicles to convey patients to and from hospitals/clinics as directed by control ensuring that times are met and compliance with contractual/insurers provisions.
To operate as either a single/double crew as directed by control in order to meet the needs of the contractual and insurance requirements.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
· Full driving licence held for at least two years with no current endorsements (a maximum of 3 points are permitted for some offences). Other driving offences such as disqualification for drink/drug driving will not be acceptable.
· A minimum of two GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C, including English Language or Literature and Maths, or a Level 2 Functional Skills certificate.
· Advance driving qualification.
· Full, clean manual driving license.
· D1 category on driving license.
· IHCD – First Person on Scene Certificate or FREC 3 qualification.
· Level 3 qualification in a health care related subject
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE (Paid/Unpaid relevant to job)
· Experience in dealing with a range of age and social groups.
· Experience of working with the general public.
· Minimum of 2 years actual recent driving experience.
· Working in a health and/or social care environment in a voluntary or paid capacity.
· Experience in a driving role for a care organisation.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
· Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Able to handle sensitive situations assertively and tactfully.
· Demonstrate good organisational skills and able to produce accurate records.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact in a calm and professional manner.
· Demonstrates the ability and commitment to providing high quality patient care, appropriate to patient needs.
· Respects and applies patient dignity and confidentiality at all times.
· Displays good diplomatic skills, is tactful and discreet.
· Understanding of vehicle and road safety issues.
· Excellent knowledge of Highway Code.
· An understanding of equality and diversity issues and can demonstrate their incorporation into personal practice.
· Able to complete paperwork with accuracy and good attention to detail.
· Demonstrates commitment for personal development and life-long learning.
· The job also requires that crew members are flexible to fit in with fluctuation in service demand or operational need on the contract, i.e. a flexible working pattern.
· Physically fit and able to lift/carry patients, using appropriate equipment and techniques.
APTITUDE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· Ability to interact with people from varying cultural backgrounds and social environments.
· Ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and the public.
· Able to promote equality and value diversity.
· Able to work effectively in difficult and traumatic circumstances.
· Confident and assertive but approachable.
· Willingness to learn.
· Caring attitude and sensitivity to others.
· Able to work flexibly as part of a team.
· Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Flexible approach to working hours and job demands.
· Fitness to carry out moving and handling of patients and equipment.
· Committed to high quality patient care and patient experience.
· Respectful and able to promote equality in opportunity, employment and service delivery.
· Committed to continuous professional development and personal growth.
· Able to ensure care of own health and wellbeing to promote improvements to physical and emotional wellbeing.
· Ability to perform the requirements of the post to an acceptable standard.
· Committed to the values-based principles of high quality patient care to include compassion; care; competence; communication; courage and commitment in all aspects of service delivery.
· Able to work the shift patterns as required, including unsocial hours and weekends.
· Able to work across the area defined by the local manager.
· Have a good geographical knowledge
Reference ID: AMA0920
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £10.00 per hour on completion of induction training.
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
CML Application Form
We have used County Medics for over two years now, they regularly supply us with Medical support. They have never let us down and always put the patient first. Thanks.
Thanks County Medics for taking me to my hospital appointments, you have never let me down and I am always early for my appointments which puts my mind at ease. Thank you so much!
Thank you for the excellent job today. Everyone is most appreciative of your friendly and efficient service. Ian
County Medics Provided Medical Cover for a large Festival and we were extremely happy with their services. We found them to be reliable and thoughtful
Please pass my thanks on to your team who did a wonderful job at our event. We find you so reliable and so easy to deal with when making our bookings. Look forward to using your services in 2017
Thank you for making the transportation of my Mother to her new home so easy and stress free. Your staff really went the extra mile to make her feel at ease.
Thank you for taking my family member back to Bulgaria, she wouldn’t have been able to get back if it wasn’t for your determination and great planning.
Thank you to your staff he treated me at the Upton Blues Festival, your staff are so friendly and treated my cut leg quickly and professionally. I hope to see you next year (not as a patient though!).
We publish the most important information about our Ambulance services, special offers and articles on various topics. Subscribe today to receive our exclusive offers and other premium content.